Back to the Countryside (The Linton Kitchen)


A whirlwind summer of Glastonbury, America, Latitude, graduation, working for a festival website, and catching up repeatedly with friends in London...has dropped me back at home for about four weeks. Initially a bit daunted - it's easy to feel isolated when you're surrounded by nothing but fields - I've actually begun to thoroughly enjoy rediscovering my local area. See, during my four years of University I spent very little of the holiday period at home. Instead I would be rushing around London, visiting friends and family, travelling abroad, or making the most of my University home and city to hang out with friends, feel independent, and work my ass off at those typical part-time jobs. So it was pretty evident to me that what my home town - and villages - had to offer was hardly on my radar any more. I had little idea what had closed up, opened up, and felt more than a little disenchanted with the whole thing. Luckily a few days out quickly destroyed those feelings and I'm more than happy to be at home before I head back up to London and then Australia... Australia? More on that later!



So, first stop has to be the sweet little village of Linton. In my old mind: doctors appointments and a church. In my new mind: tiny, unique (Jigsaw) bakery of my dreams serving up seeded sourdough (and many other cooking & breaded delights) for us to take home on a sunny Saturday morning. Add to that an hour or two catching up with Mamma S at The Linton Kitchen and I was all for returning the following weekend. They sell everything from freshly baked cakes and tea, to packing up picnic boxes for you, locally sourced fruit and veg, and all sorts of eggs (we grabbed some quail eggs). Plus they're apparently pairing up with the Jigsaw Bakery to host sourdough pizza nights... if you're in the area you should definitely swing by whether it's to take away their wealth of goods, or grab a window seat and watch the world go by.



Pressed apple juice from a local orchard


Seeded sourdough back at home to enjoy with cheese for a lazy Saturday lunch

Next time I'll definitely have to take some photos of the inside of both, I'm working on getting over the embarrassment of being snap happy for my blog...although will probably be drawing the line at standing on a chair to get the perfect food photo in a restaurant! 

What does your local town offer up away from the bustle of London? M x

You can find The Linton Kitchen here and here. (30 High Street, Linton, Cambridgeshire, CB21 4HS)
You can find Jigsaw Bakery here and here. (113 High Street, Linton, Cambridgeshire, CB21 4JT)

7 comments:

thriftylilpixie said...

That choc cake looks so tasty!

Izael Garrido said...

Love your blog girl! So natural and inspiring, keep it in this way :D
Looking foward to read more stuff like these :3

Is This Real Life? said...

Ah this sounds so sweet! I love little places like that. I live in a little village too on the outskirts of Glasgow so it's lovely having all little teeny cute shops but only being mere minutes away from a super busy city centre too! Fab post! X

Is This Real Life? said...

Ah this sounds so sweet! I love little places like that. I live in a little village too on the outskirts of Glasgow so it's lovely having all little teeny cute shops but only being mere minutes away from a super busy city centre too! Fab post! X

shouseson said...

have a peek at these guystry this check over hereright here his comment is hereuseful link

theslo said...

find more info louis vuitton replica pop over to these guys good quality replica bags Bonuses replica bags online

Anonymous said...

curry shoes
air jordan
jordan 12
goyard bag
off-white
bape sta
bape hoodie outlet
supreme clothing
supreme sweatshirt
yeezy shoes