48 hours in: Brisbane

Last weekend we went to Brisbane for some girlie time together before I set off on my road trip. I wasn't really sure what to expect. But it turns out I kinda love Brisbane. A shiny, sunshine-fuelled city set on either side of a river with a wealth of markets on offer. You got me. 
We stayed with friends in New Farm, one of the top areas on my recommendations list so I was pretty stoked. I'm going to stay it was a pretty food-orientated weekend. Here's a quick run down...

Day #1






7.00am: Walk to the Jan Power Farmers Markets. Walking by the water, passing free yoga classes, really set me up for the morning. As did the delicious smells from every stand. We settled on the Bagel Boys, fresh juice, and the best gluten free raspberry brownie of my life (no really). The setting is pretty sweet too. 

8.30am: Riverwalk from New Farm into the city - set off before the day gets crazy hot.

10.30am: Snack attack at Harvest HQ, at 410 Ann Street, overlooking Cathedral Square
 (salads, smoothies, juices, bliss balls...) 

11am: Head down Queen Street towards the river for some light shopping. We also really love the Ubermen store at 275 George Street. Unique designs, primarily Brisbane brands.

midday: Take the afternoon off, in the shade, preferably pool-side

4pm: Head to Eat Street early before the queues of traffic and hoards of people (it got pretty crazy busy). Enjoy the fairy lights, live music, arty indie stalls, and every time of food you can imagine whether you fancy a cronut, cruffin, or Japanese pizza. 

8pm: Head over the Storey Bridge and be sure to check out the city skyline lit up from the other side of the river. Go home with a full belly and aching limbs.





Day #2 

8am: Sunday breakfast at James Street, whether you pick up some tasty treats from the market or take a pew at one of the fresh eateries on offer

9am: Wander off that breakfast in the boutiques, homeware, and design stores around James Street.

midday: Relax by the pool, explore the local area some more. Have coffee and a bite at Samson and Sophie. Friendly staff, local food, delicious baked treats. 

1pm: Southbank - walk through the flower tunnel, pick up some beautiful jewellery and other unique items from The Collective Markets, and cool off with a swim at the man-made beach!

3pm: Eat out at one of the many bars and restaurants that line Southbank and skip any airport cuisine...  

6pm: Catch your flight!



Next Stop: Byron Bay with plenty of stops en route, before I start work at an eco yoga retreat!

M x

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

It was fun to read your day to day itenerary. It's like I am with you the whole time. I got great recommendations on some really nice places in Brisbane too. Its worth keeping the list.Thanks for sharing!

Is This Real Life? said...

Wow, this all sounds amazing and what a beautiful place it looks. I think aus looks like one of the most beautiful places to visit(don't know if I could cope with the heat though haha) Are you living out there now? How exciting must that be and I can't wait to hear about the Yoga retreat that is totally up my street!
X

megcasson said...

This looks like fun. I love Brisbane.

www.kindoflovely.com